The GPLPV package is a driver for Microsoft Windows, which allows Windows systems virtualised with Xen (such as VPS6.NET’s) access to the network and block drivers of the Xen dom0. These drivers provide a significant performance and reliability gain over the standard devices emulated by Xen, and are recommended for anyone using our Windows VPS service.
Installation of the package is simple, and has no known compatibility issues with any our systems.
- From the desktop of your Windows VPS, download the file matching your system:
- Windows Server 2008 (incl. R2) systems: http://mirage.vps6.net/src/gplpv_Vista2008x64_signed_0.11.0.356.msi
- Windows Server 2003 systems: http://mirage.vps6.net/src/gplpv_2003x64_signed_0.11.0.356.msi
- Run the .msi file and follow the on-screen directions to complete installation.
- Check the Device Manager for “Xen Net Device Driver” and “Xen Block Device Driver”, which indicate a successful installation.
- Reboot the VPS, either from within Windows or from SolusVM.
Your system should now experience enhanced network and disk speeds!
This article is also available in the VPS6.NET Knowledgebase: https://vps6.net/my/knowledgebase/68/How-to-Install-GPLPV-PV-on-HVM-Drivers-on-Windows-Server-2008-Systems.html