i’m searching for a cheap VPS with a good connection to host a couple not much demanding Gameservers.
Specs i need:
CPU: 2+ C… | Read the rest of http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1695900&goto=newpost
Hi guys I need cheap VPS with gameservers antiddos, location Europe. Can someone help me with this ?... | Read the rest of http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1694469&goto=newpost
Virtual servers are the ideal hosts for minecraft servers. Setting up a Minecraft server is simple, but there are a few requirements you must double-check:
+ Xen-based VPS. Due to differences in how Java works with OpenVZ and Xen, a Xen server is recommended for best performance.
+ At least 1gb of RAM. Less will work for a small server, but 1gb or more is recommended.
+ CentOS operating system installed.
On to the Minecraft server setup:
1. Start by installing Java-JDK:
# yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk
2. Check if Java was installed:
# which java
The following will be displayed if it was properly installed:
3. Switch to the root directory, if you’re not there already:
4. Create a directory for Minecraft:
# mkdir Minecraft
5. Enter the directory:
# cd Minecraft
6. Download Minecraft:
# wget http://minecraft.net/download/minecraft_server.jar
7. CHMOD the Minecraft .jar like so:
# chmod +x minecraft_server.jar
8. Minecraft is now installed. You’ll now need to install “screen” to keep the Minecraft server running after the SSH session is closed.
# yum install screen
9. Use the screen and run Minecraft. Enter screen:
10. Start up Minecraft (you can edit the 1024M value to match your server’s RAM):
# java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
To get back to the normal screen, press these keys: Control+A+D
To get back to the screen where Minecraft is running:
# screen -r
You should now be off and running with a fully functional Minecraft server!
We offer CentOS+Minecraft templates pre-configured with Minecraft and McMyAdmin: https://vps6.net/template-minecraft.php
This article is also available in the VPS6 Knowledgebase: